The Early Years Podcast Episode 003Featuring Anna & David Wright, December 2015
In the third episode of the Early Years Podcast we talk to Mr and Mrs Paint Pots, more commonly known as David and Anna Wright.
Anna and Paint Pots nurseries, a small chain of six settings in and around Southampton, the first of which was started in their own home in 1992.
You don’t have to spend much time with the couple to know why their settings have such a good reputation. For a start, you couldn’t meet two nicer people. (Listen to their thoughts on not winning at the recent NMT Awards to see what I mean!). They also have a great philosophy on childcare – one that, in fact, I think is a recipe for a happy and fulfilling life.
Have a listen to find out:
- the reason behind the name Paint Pots
- what their childcare philosophy is and what makes a Paint Pots nursery
- what it’s like when OFSTED arrive at your door and how to prepare for it
- about a forthcoming conference on #MenInChildcare and why it’s an important movement
- and, of course, a bit about 30hrs childcare.
Have a listen, share it with your friends and colleagues and let us know what you think. We hope you enjoy it.
Note: There were a few issues with the audio in this recording and, although it’s not perfect, we’ve think we’ve ironed things out enough so that you can enjoy the show. Let us know if you have trouble with any particular section.