The Early Years Podcast Episode 010Susan McGhee, June 2016
In episode 10 of the Early Years Podcast, we speak to Susan McGhee of BNG Training.
Susan has recently been re-announced as an NMT top 20 most influential nursery person, so it shouldn’t have been any surprise to us that Susan was so very impressive!
We freewheeled across a range of subjects in this one – because we thought might as well tap into Susan’s wealth of knowledge and experience while she was here – but the focus always came back to quality.
We cover (amongst other things):
- Susan’s start in early years and her eventual frustration with the glass ceiling
- the inspiration behind the training service that eventually became BNG
- BNG work with Bertram Nursery Group and with external providers
- the importance of listening to and understanding people on the shop floor and the challenges of sharing best practice across diverse settings
- What makes a Bertram nursery recognisable and the challenges of delivering quality service across diverse settings
- e-learning and the future of training and development
- Heather gets on her high horse about apprenticeships
- how to get involved and make your voice heard!
Have a listen, share with your friends and colleagues and let us know what you think on twitter at EYpodcast or in the comments below. As always, we hope you enjoy listening.